The RAF Yacht Club have kindly allowed us, once again, to hold our Fitting Out lunch in their excellent club house.
For those attending by boat the club does not have berths available. However, the MDL Port Hamble Marina is just upstream of the RAFYC. There is a gate directly from their pontoons to the Club’s garden. A telephone call to the club should produce the code for the gate lock. The marina telephone number is 02380 452741 and the club’s telephone number is 02380 452208
For those attending by car, the club’s car parking is limited and will be needed by their own members. However there is a “Pay and Display” near the Royal Southern Yacht Club. This is little more than 100 yards from the RAFYC. The charge for parking is 60p per hour up to 12 hours. There is also a car park off The Square in Hamble.
Our party will have the use of the Club’s bars before and after lunch. It will be a cash bar and orders for wine for lunch may be made at the bar beforehand. The club has a good wine list including four house wines priced from £12.60 a bottle.
The lunch menu is as follows:
Roast Parsnip and Old Winchester Soup V
Pork, Apricot and Pistachio Terrine with spiced apple chutney and toasts
Grilled Goat’s Cheese with roasted beetroot salad V
* * * * *
Lemon & Thyme Roasted Chicken Supreme with cream sauce, rosti potatoes & wilted spinach
Carbonnade of Hampshire Beef with gratin dauphinois & green beans
Roast Butternut Squash & Sage Risotto V
* * * * *
Warm Chocolate Brownie with Judes ice cream
Sticky Toffee Pudding with cream
Iced Orange & Lemon Parfait
* * * * *
The cost of the lunch is £24. Those with special dietary needs can be catered for.
The club has two double and two single rooms which can be booked through the club’s office if they are not needed for their own members. One double is en suite and the others use the club’s facilities. The club’s office may be able to provide details of convenient B&B’s. Those arriving on the Friday evening may use the club’s facilities as “visiting yachtmen”.
Bookings should be made using the Register button, as soon as possible and by Wed 3rd April at the latest in order to facilitate lunch and berth bookings
- Register yourself and any other members or guests in your party
Then send your cheque (payable to RNVR Yacht Club) to the event organiser, Tim Clark at 32 Riverside Walk, Yealmpton, Plymouth, PL8 2LU, as soon as possible.
Notes on How to Book
- Would all members register themselves individually. Only non-members should be recorded as guests.
- If you want to add more guests but you have already made a booking, then make a new booking for yourself, choose No for booking place at the party for yourself (i.e. you are creating a "blank" booking for yourself) and then add your guests in the usual way.
- Please do not add guests by typing their name instead of your name.
- Please don't type names in lowercase, use Title Case as you would expect them to be. The reason: they are used in various lists that are distributed.
- If another member is paying for you, they should note that when they send the cheque.
- Lastly, complete the registration by pressing the "Confirm and Proceed With Payment" button. This will cause an email to be sent. If you don't receive the email, then your registration hasn't been made.
For further information, please contact the event organiser, Tim Clark.